Here is my story of experiencing ‘first hand’ the power of social media in customer care. Some time back I had done online shopping from http://www.yebhi.com/ and somehow the service went horribly wrong
So, what do I as a customer do? I send email to their customer support….
- No response for 2 days (In internet era, customers except instant response)
- Reminder email after 2 days
- Standard response from company customer service
- Customer still not satisfied. Sends email again but then no response for 2 weeks from company. Total dead end for customer
Frustrated & pissed, I revert to social media sites and post my horrid experience with yebhi.com on a customer review community website. And viola..!!! Like magic, things move and issue is resolved in 2 days.
- Customer marketing team identified issue – Social Media works in Marketing
- Some one from the organization quickly follows up with the customer and addresses the issue – Social Media works in Customer Service
- Customer informs the company & acknowledges that issue is addressed – Social Media works in in socializing, word-of-mouth marketing
- Organization satisfied a customer – Social Media works in customer service
Do you, as a customer, have any stories of experiencing social customer care? Is your organization ready for such scenarios?